This Diploma is suitable for Health Care Professionals who are caring for people with asthma (adults
The courses measurable learning outcomes have been benchmarked at level 5, using Ofqual’s
regulated qualifications framework (RCF) level descriptors to allow participants to consider the depth
of study, difficulty, and level of achievement involved.
The Asthma Diploma has been accredited by the CPD certification service. CPD training means the
learning activity has reached the required Continuing Professional Development standards and benchmarks. The CPD Certification Service provides recognised independent CPD accreditation
compatible with global CPD requirements.
• Recognise the signs and symptoms of asthma
• Be able to use appropriate tests to assist in confirming diagnosis
• Understand the use of appropriate pharmacological and non-pharmacological management of a person with asthma
• Understand emergency pathways in primary care, to ensure that patient need is met safely and competently
• Be able to empower people with asthma to take control of their condition
• Be able to apply evidence-based practice through use of protocols
• Appraise an area of current practice by measuring it against pre-selected standards, in order to identify and implement areas for change
Online course details
Please note: once you have completed the registration form, your details will be passed to the training provider who will contact you in due course with details on how to access the online learning.
Our e-learning certificate course is delivered via our VLE and contains presentations with audio, interactive quizzes, videos, resources and useful links. 1-2-1 Tutorials are available every month throughout the course via Zoom, or by telephone if you would prefer
This CPD course is for Practice Nurses and Allied Health Care Professionals. Please check here if you are eligible for these funded courses.
Please note: By applying for any of these training courses, you/your practice will not be able to also claim your £333 allocated CPD funding.