Asthma is a common long-term medical condition that affects people of all ages; it is a leading cause of morbidity that places a significant burden on patients, health services and society. This course offers an overview of asthma and the impact that it has on health and wellbeing in patients of all ages. The focus of this course is early and accurate diagnosis, appropriate management tailored to individual patient needs and preferences, and the avoidance of asthma attacks/asthma deaths through supported self-management, early interventions and effective organisation of care.
• Discuss the impact that asthma has on individuals, health services and wider society
• Identify the elements in patient history and relevant objective tests that determine accurate diagnosis of asthma
• Utilise evidence-based methods to identify and address poor asthma control in individual patients
• Demonstrate the range of appropriate management options for patients presenting with asthma in different ways
• Illustrate safe and effective management of asthma attacks and follow up care in their relevant setting
• Compare methods and approaches to provide patient centred care and support patients to self-manage their asthma
• Prevalence and impact of asthma
• Early and accurate diagnosis
• Issues in gaining and maintaining asthma control across the range of patients
• Personalising management options to meet individual patients needs
• An evidence-based approach to managing asthma attacks and avoiding asthma deaths
• Working in partnership with patients to support self-management
Online course details
Please note: once you have completed the registration form, your details will be passed to the training provider who will contact you in due course with details on how to access the online learning.
An online course that includes expert instruction and guided activities with a final set of MCQ’s to
check your understanding.
Course length = 15 hours
Access = 2 months to complete
This CPD course is for Practice Nurses and Allied Health Care Professionals. Please check here if you are eligible for these funded courses.
Please note: By applying for any of these training courses, you/your practice will not be able to also claim your £333 allocated CPD funding.