Scientific understanding of asthma has advanced rapidly in recent years and the way in which asthma care is being delivered is changing as a result. In addition to an update on evidence and guideline-based practice, this course offers insights into advances in asthma research and their translation to clinical practice.
The focus of this course is:
· A revision of early and accurate diagnosis in children and adults, and appropriate management tailored to individual patient needs and preferences
· An evaluation of contemporary issues in asthma care including risk management, environmental considerations, remote consultations and treatable asthma traits
This course is suitable for health professionals experienced in managing patients with asthma who have previously completed foundation/diploma level asthma training.
- Evaluate the prevalence and impact of asthma and co-morbid conditions in clinical populations
- Analyse the elements in patient history and relevant objective tests that lead to early and accurate diagnosis of asthma
- Evaluate the range of management options appropriate to a variety of patients with asthma
- Explore common asthma risk factors and aligning risk management strategies in clinical practice
- Consider contemporary issues in asthma and relate them to a variety of clinical contexts including primary, secondary and community care
Using a variety of educational methods to actively engage learners the following topics will be explored:
- Early and accurate diagnosis of asthma
- Personalising management options to meet individual patients needs
- Evidence-based approaches to understanding and managing asthma risk
- Recent advances in asthma research and delivery of care
Online course details
Please note: once you have completed the registration form, your details will be passed to the training provider who will contact you in due course with details on how to access the online learning.
Course length = 7.5 hours
Access = 1 month to complete
This CPD course is for Practice Nurses and Allied Health Care Professionals. Please check here if you are eligible for these funded courses.
Please note: By applying for any of these training courses, you/your practice will not be able to also claim your £333 allocated CPD funding.