his course is for you if you are a Health Care Professional who comes into contact with people with Diabetes during the course of your work and you would like to increase your knowledge, skills and confidence to provide safe diabetes care. This course provides a “basics up” approach to the complexities of diabetes and will inspire you to enjoy providing diabetes care. The course has been designed by an experienced practicing clinician who has a passion for improving the lives of those living with diabetes.
On completion of this course it is expected that the learner will be able to:
• Identify the impact that diabetes has on individuals, society and national health services.
• Recall relevant risk factors and medical history that help determine which tests to use to safely diagnose the different types of diabetes.
• Use specific communication skills proven to promote self-management of diabetes.
• Encourage people living with diabetes to make relevant lifestyle changes to reduce further health risks.
• Recognise the medications that can be used to manage diabetes safely with reference to current, evidence-based guidelines.
• Recall the potential short-term and long-term effects of diabetes and how to manage, reduce and prevent such health risks.
• Apply learning to practice, providing person-centred, effective diabetes reviews in clinical situations.
The course is divided into 10 sections with specified content for each. It is mapped to nationally recognised competency frameworks, standards for care and professional codes of conduct. The on-line learning materials utilise a variety of evidence-based theories designed to engage participation and to appeal to a wide range of learning styles. There are narrated power-point sessions, guided learning activities and links to further relevant information for opportunities to study further if desired. There are knowledge checks at each section and at the end. There is also an opportunity to ask questions. Successful completion of this course will enable healthcare professionals to apply their learning to real world clinical practice with more confidence
Online course details
Please note: once you have completed the registration form, your details will be passed to the training provider who will contact you in due course with details on how to access the online learning.
Course length = 15 hours
Access = 2 months to complete
This CPD course is for Practice Nurses and Allied Health Care Professionals. Please check here if you are eligible for these funded courses.
Please note: By applying for any of these training courses, you/your practice will not be able to also claim your £333 allocated CPD funding.