Supports practices to host a paramedic funded by ARRS on a continuing six week rotational basis in collaboration with Yorkshire Ambulance Service.
Includes weekly teaching sessions as part of a 12-week induction programme.
When is it available?
Currently inviting Expressions of Interest for the next cohort, due to start in April 2024.
How long is it?
Two paramedics each complete a 12 week induction programme consecutively, then following both inductions the paramedics alternate between the PCN and YAS on six week rotations, on an ongoing basis.
- Two Paramedics rotate, to form one whole time equivalent
- Paramedics remain employed by Yorkshire Ambulance Service (YAS),and the PCN claims salary reimbursement through ARRS
- Each paramedic completes a 12 week induction programme consecutively (including one day per week teaching sessions, delivered by the Training Hub)
- Following both inductions, Paramedics alternate six week rotations between the PCN and YAS, on an ongoing basis
- Clinical supervision is required in the PCN, a financial incentive is provided to the PCN to support this during the induction period
- Support for PCNs and Paramedics is available throughout, from YAS and the Training Hub
For full information, please download our Info Pack below.
What funding is available?
For the initial 12 week training preceptorship period PCNs will receive a bursary payment to cover the associated mentoring and supervision cost.
Salary reimbursement can be claimed by the PCN through the Additional Roles Reimbursement Scheme (ARRS).
How can I find out more or express interest?
Email – firstname.lastname@example.org
Phone – 01482 303986
Or click on the button below