Primary Care Innovation Centre
The South Yorkshire Primary Care Workforce & Training Hub aims to create a training and simulation centre in the region; the first of its kind dedicated to primary care.
The centre will be specifically designed to manufacture a pipeline of new staff into primary care and community dentistry. It will support and help ARRS roles to embed into primary care and realise their potential.
Ultimately it will strengthen primary care as a system, positively affecting the quality of patient care and patient health outcomes.
If you want to register your interest in either being on a sounding board working group, being part of a learner set or even delivering some training yourself; either way I’d love to hear from you so please complete this form.
What the Innovation Centre will provide
- It will increase the number of training placements for university students, promoting primary care as a desired career choice
- It will provide comprehensive induction/preceptorship programmes for ‘new to primary care’ staff at all levels and disciplines. To include clinical systems training, CPD, supervision, networking, peer support, OSCE preparation, etc.
- It will provide existing staff training and development including conferencing facilities, digital platforms for online support and MDT learning sessions
The Building will have
- A high spec artificial intelligence simulation suite
- A suite of GP practice rooms and a dentist’s treatment room
- A dental lab with simulated patients training pods
- A reception, administration and call centre areas for training and service delivery
- A refectory/coffee shop area with comfortable seating
- Charging points and green spaces
- Staff and student showers, lockers and changing spaces
- Conferencing and meeting room spaces, classrooms and resource centre
- Office space for the SY Primary Care Training Hub, Primary Care Doncaster and building management team
- Bookable hot desk space
Animated explanation of the project and why we need to do this!
Our Project Infographic - https://www.niftyfoxcreative.com/
Here is an update from Project Manager Liz Leggott on the Innovation Centre progress so far and highlights form the last 12 months.
Innovation Centre Testing
One example of a successful session testing digital learning tools was on the 6th June 2023 with Re:Course AI and BodySwaps.
We had two sessions with Physician Associates and GP Trainees testing different scenarios and enjoying educational content delivered in a different and exciting way.
The videos below are case study show reels created by Re:Course and BodySwaps from their sessions on the day.
Both suppliers received some excellent feedback and so confirms that this is certainly a direction we need to go in.